Engineered by Crouch & Hogg and built by Sir William Arrol & Co. in 1938. Crouch & Hogg were formed by William Crouch & Charles Pullar Hogg in Glasgow in 1876. Amongst other projects, they were structural engineers of the Glasgow Empire Exhibition Tower. Sir William Arrol & Co. were founded in Glasgow in 1873 and were responsible for building some of the most famous bridges in the UK, most notably the Forth Bridge and Tower Bridge in London. The company was acquired by Clarke Chapman in 1969.
The Kirkintilloch Foundry was established in the 1830s by Archibald Gilchrist and closed in the 1890s.